1. UMNO has consistently opposed the Independent Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission (IPCMC) ever since it was proposed and rejected by the then Opposition. Even the Retired Senior Police Association (RESPA) and the Police Retired Lower Ranks Association (PPRP) have opposed it.
2. UMNO is of the opinion that there was no necessity in setting up such a commission since the existing the Integrity of Enforcement Agencies Commission (SIAP) is sufficient in monitoring all enforcement entities, including PDRM.
3. PDRM too has its own Police Commission which oversees the disciplinary actions against any wrongdoings of the police personnel.
4. Hence, stop insulting and undermine PDRM. They have contributed a lot in safeguarding the interest of everybody by keeping the nation safe and sound.
5. The welfare of its personnel should be looked at by upgrading their facilities, assets and promotions in line with their ever-increasing area of duties.
6. UMNO takes their welfare close at heart. We must live up to their integrity instead.
Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi
7 Oktober 2019