1. UMNO has decided not to join the Perikatan Nasional (National Alliance), instead will strengthen Muafakat Nasional with PAS and the Barisan Nasional (BN).
2. Its support for Perikatan Nasional is only based on among UMNO and BN MPs and State Assemblymen which formed the Central Government and in certain states.
3. YAB Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in a meeting with BN MPs at noon yesterday at the Parliament building has stated the intention of PPBM (Bersatu) to join MN.
4. PPBM’s intention will be discussed with PAS for consideration.
5. The MN Committee had previously decided for UMNO and PAS to give priority to strengthening MN.
6. I will leave it to the MN Committee to consider the wishes of PPBM if it is able to further strengthen MN for the benefit of the people and the country.
AHMAD ZAHID HAMIDI
July 30, 2020