1. THE President today held a meeting with UMNO Division Heads throughout Malaysia.
2. A total of 189 Divisions including the same number for the Women, Pemuda and Puteri wings have successfully completed their respective Delegates Meetings as required by the Constitution (except for the suspended Tanah Merah and Tuaran sitting this week).
3. Usually, Conventions at the State and National levels follow to refine each Division’s proposals for the UMNO General Assembly.
4. Given the need to comply with the SOP of the Rehabilitation Movement Control Order (PKPP) which is ongoing, meetings with UMNO Division Heads are used as an alternative to the Convention.
5. This meeting is a common practice for the top leadership to listen and refine the voice of the grassroots before any motion is officially brought to the UMNO Supreme Council and the General Assembly for further deliberations and decisions.
DATUK SERI HAJI AHMAD BIN MASLAN
5 January 2021