1. I am perturbed with an audio going viral on the purported conversation between me and Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
2. I deny the content of the recorded audio and assertively make it clear that no talks of whatsoever had taken place with Datuk Seri Anwar after the recently concluded UMNO General Assembly.
3. This is a filthy political conspiracy of certain quarters to further wreck UMNO.
4. I believe this bad disposition will continue to see the demise of UMNO.
5. As UMNO President, I will not in any circumstances oppose to any decision adopted by the Supreme Council and the Assembly.
6. I have instructed my officer to lodge a police report immediately for a full investigation be conducted on those behind this ‘scheme of thing’.
AHMAD ZAHID BIN HAMIDI
7 April 2021