KUALA LUMPUR, June 28 – Umno Youth is monitoring the People’s Protection and Economic Rehabilitation Package (PEMULIH) amounting to RM150 billion announced by the Prime Minister.
Its leader Datuk Dr Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki said that in general, Umno Youth welcomed the government’s readiness to meet the five main demands of the people who are affected by the MCO.
The five demands raised by the movement are:
(1) Additional cash assistance – the government allocates RM10 billion for direct cash assistance such as Covid-19 Special Assistance (BKC) and Loss of Income Assistance (BKP).
(2) Automatic moratorium for all groups including B40, M40 and SMEs, hoping the banks do not impose any interest or additional charges.
(3) The introduction of EPF’s i-Citra initiative to replace i-Sinar with a total savings withdrawal ceiling of RM5,000 (RM1,000 per month). It is hoped it will be simplified and expedited soon.
(4) Utility bill discounts for majority households.
(5) Hope for the Government through KPDNK can double its efforts to ensure the supply of basic necessities such as cooking oil is adequate and controlled.
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had earlier announced a RM150 billion package under PEMULIH for those badly affected by the Covid-19 SOP.