KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 27 – Umno president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi who chaired the MT meeting last night (Oct 26) said they have passed these resolutions, which are:
- Respect the King’s decision to reject Prime Minister’s request for an emergency rule under Article 150(1) and Proclamation of Emergency Ordinance (Necessary Powers 2020) pursuant to Article 150 (2B) of the Federal Constitution. Umno commend the decision as most wise and a relief to the people.
2. Fully support the orders and recommendations of His Majesty and the Conference of Rulers to alleviate all political tensions by observing a political ceasefire to ensure that the country’s stability is maintained.
3. Recommend that the National Reconciliation initiative or National Peace Agenda be implemented immediately by mobilising the participation of all parties under the auspices of the Perikatan Nasional government as well as opposition parties.
4. Proposing the government to take a more inclusive approach which goes beyond different ideologies in addressing the Covid-19 pandemic and the negative economic impact faced by the people.
5. MT has maintained the previous decision to reject any cooperation with PKR and DAP. Umno members of Parliaments (MPs) will therefore continue supporting Perikatan Nasional. Umno urges to improve the principle of cooperation based on values of mutual respect and consensus.
6. Ensuring decisions of the General Assembly to further strengthen Muafakat Nasional is realised.