The Supreme Council has decided in today’s meeting (Thursday, March 12) that:
1. UMNO has undertaken the party restructurings, involving:-
i. Appointing Datuk Seri Ahmad Maslan as the new Secretary-General.
ii. Appointing Shahril Suffian Hamdan as the new Information Chief.
iii. Appointing Mohd Rais Mohd Yasin as the new Supreme Council member.
2. UMNO has supported Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in forming a new government on March 1st as its moral obligation in liberating the people from the ugly political crisis after the fall of Pakatan Harapan government when Tun Mahathir Mohamad resigned on February 21st 2020.
3. UMNO will continue supporting Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin until the 15th general election based on:-
i. The new government must meet the people’s aspirations.
ii. The government expedites its responsibility for all regardless of race, religion and ethnicity.
iii. The government must quickly resolve the economic downturn, including charting an effective plan in bracing for the world economic issue and Covid-19 pandemic.
iv. They shouldn’t repeat the mistakes of PH government in administering sensitive interfaith issues in the country.
4. In meeting the aspiration of the rakyat and in protecting the religion and nation, several actions must be quickyly undertaken by Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin Cabinet, among which:-
i. The setting up of a Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) on wrongdoings and power abuse by PH leaders against BN govenment and former management of Tabung Haji.
ii. To re-evaluate all decisions in selling off strategic national assets such as Tabung Haji, Khazanah Nasional, LTAT and all GLCs.
iii. In meeting the actual Rule of Law principles, UMNO calls for all wrongdoings and power abuse cases put to halt by the PH government be reopened. This include corruption in the undersea tunnel project and the 3 highways valued at RM6.3 billion involving DAP leaders.
iv. To speed up probe and persecution in those suspected in the murder of fireman Adib.
v. To cancel PH agenda to set up IPCMC which only belittles and mocks the police personnel from expediting their job.
vi. Putting on freeze PH plan to terminate contractual workers in the public sector, staff reduction policy and taking effort in securing their well-being is taken care of.
5. UMNO will continue playing a pro-active role as the check-and-balance agent for the new government, and in ensuring that the rights and aspiration of the rakyat are upheld.
6. UMNO, in the meantime, will purse its main agenda in strengthening Muafakat Nasional with PAS and fortifying Barisan Nasional with MCA, MIC and PBRS.
7. UMNO remains committed in defending the new government under Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin for as long as the people’s aspiration is prioritised, thus ensuring economic and political stability prior to the 15th general election.
DATO’ SERI DR. AHMAD ZAHID BIN HAMIDI
12 Mac 2020