THE third phase of the MCO from April 15 to April 28 is not to cause any complications to the people but to demonstrate how serious the government is in containing the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following the decision, I am of the opinion that the government needs to address some issues pertaining to undergraduates and students, being:
- Undergraduates of IPTA/IPTS
- Providing transportation to send stranded IPTA/IPTS students back home. Medical test must first be conducted to determine they are free from Covid-19. All safety measures will be observed in sending them back to their respective areas.
- To deploy counselor at higher learning institution in managing the students’ stress and emotional disruption.
2. Secondary and primary students
- Prepare an education platform accessible to all students, urban and rural, and not to depend solely on the internet aplication.
- The Education Ministry and Ministry of Communications and Multimedia should collaborate in providing such a platform on the education channel.
- To re-structure the syllabus to ensure that the students are well-prepared for it.
3. Relaxation of MCO at certain areas
The government is advised to consider giving an MCO breather to some low risk areas to enable daily economic activities take place under the safety and health SOP.
May Allah be with us in our fight against the pandemic so that it puts an end to the MCO.
Dato’ Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi
Ahli Parlimen Bagan Datuk