1. UMNO is currently giving priority to the House of Assembly which will commence on July 13, 2020.
2. UMNO is aware that efforts are being made to challenge the position of the Prime Minister by those who want to take office.
3. Directions were issued to UMNO and Barisan Nasional Members of Parliament to defend the Perikatan Nasional government led by Prime Minister YAB Tan Sri Muhyiddin Mohd Yassin from further opposition.
4. UMNO’s current focus is to address the issues of the welfare and interests of the increasingly depressed people in the face of the post-Covid-19 burden of living.
5. All Ministers and Deputy Ministers of Barisan Nasional have been urged to take action through their respective ministries in an effort to revitalize the economy and create employment opportunities especially for those affected by the Covid-19.
6. Therefore, UMNO should not be dragged along in the debate on the Prime Minister’s candidate, instead focusing on efforts to protect the interests and welfare of the people.
DATO’ SERI DR AHMAD ZAHID HAMIDI
July 6, 2020