1. UMNO upholds the decree by Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong to proclaim the state of emergency under Article 150 of the Federal Constitution as advised by the prime minister.
2. As the rationale behind request put forward by the prime minister is to contain the spread of Covid-19, hence all special power stipulated under the Emergency Ordinance must only focus on stamping out the diseasea.
3. During the said period, UMNO hopes all civil and freedom rights, transparency and the rule of law be observed accordingly.
4. The government must give its assurance to serve the people and fulfil its promise for the survival of the people, especially the i-Sinar withdrawal of the EPF without any conditions, loan moratorium and other predicaments.
5. All efforts must center towards reinstating the Constitution and Parliamentary Democracy once the emergency has met its objectives.
AHMAD ZAHID HAMIDI
12 Januari 2021