1. WHEN the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and the Rulers order the Parliament reconvene to debate and approve the Emergency Ordinances and the National Recovery Plan, of course there is a literal and implicit meaning!
2. Tuanku is aware of and understands the people’s grievances about the failure of the Emergency to deal with Covid-19 as expressed everywhere leading to the decree being issued.
3. The undeniable facts of the Emergency failure to address Covid-19 are as follows:
AFTER 6 MONTHS 5 DAYS OF EMERGENCY (11 Jan-15 July):
● New cases increased: 2,232-13,215
● Cumulative number of cases increased: 138,224-880,782
● Active cases increased: 28,554-108,369
● New death cases increased: 4- 110
● Cumulative number of deaths increased: 555-6,613
WELFARE AND SOCIETY OF THE PEOPLE DURING EMERGENCIES:
■ Unemployment increased and many were forced to take unpaid leave.
■ The people’s income is getting chronic
■ Assistance is full of bureaucracy
■ Suicide cases increasing
■ The people’s demand for improved moratorium, i-Citra, ACA, BKC were not met.
■ The government is kind of afraid to spend the deficit to help the people who are in dire need.
■ Compounds introduced through the Ordinance are extreme and discriminatory.
4. This has led to the people under depression and desperate!
5. The people-oriented King listens to his subjects, and that he wants their interest to be debated by their representatives, namely Members of Parliament.
6. Unfortunately, The King’s Decree was not respected and underestimated until the decree’s announcement was issued THREE TIMES.
7. Even the government failure to heed to The His Majesty was akin to TREACHOROUS and even denies the right of MPs to determine the validity of the Emergency Proclamation and Ordinances under Article 150 (3) of the Constitution Federation, which stated:
“The Proclamation of Emergency and any ordinance promulgated under Clause (2B) shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament and, if not first revoked, shall cease to have effect if the resolution is passed by both Houses revoking the Proclamation or ordinance that, but without prejudice to anything previously done pursuant to the power of the Proclamation or ordinance or without prejudice to the power of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong to issue a new Proclamation under Clause (1) or promulgate any ordinance under Clause (2B) . ”
8. Pemuda Umno urges the government to respect The King and the Rulers, put the Emergency Ordinances and the National Recovery Plan for debate and not for them to just listen to Ministers’ briefings.
DR. ASYRAF WAJDI DUSUKI