KUALA LUMPUR, July 25 – Umno has made resolutions to all its MPs for the special Parliamentary session from July 26 until August 2, 2021, said president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
The MPs must adhere to party’s stance to propose a debate on the Proclamation of Emergency and its Ordinances.
“They are also required to show support through a vote to repeal the Emergency Proclamation and its Ordinances,” said the MP for Bagan Datuk who is also Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman.
The resolutions are:
1. The people’s rejection of the Emergency Proclamation and its Ordinances, which turned out to be more detrimental to them, mainly the economic depravity and negligence in safeguarding their welfare, including the double standard compounds.
2. The Emergency is apparently failed to curb Covid-19 Pandemic, instead it is seen as a political ploy to paralyze the parliamentary democratic system.
3. Abide by Article 150 (3) of the Federal Constitution which requires the Proclamation of Emergency and its Ordinances not only to be debated but to determine its validity, either gets the Parliament approval or revoked.
4. Understand the implications of Article 150 (7) of the Federal Constitution that the Emergency Ordinances will continue to run for 6 months if not repealed as per provision 150 (3), thus contrary to the decision of Umno Supreme Working Council on 29 October 2020, 25 April 2021, 16 June 2021 and the latest July 7, 2021.
5. To obey The Royal Highness the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong and the Rulers who ordered that there was no need for Emergency to continue, and that all Emergency Ordinances are debated according to Article 150 (3) of the Federal Constitution.
6. Fulfill and abide by the party’s resolution on 25 April 2021 that if the Emergency (Proclamation and its Ordinances) continues after 1 August 2021, then the MPs should advise all party Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Chairmen of the GLC to resign.