JAN 6 – UMNO Supreme Council which met today, took note of all motions put forward by the 4-wing delegates meeting concluded on January 3rd.
2. The meeting also refined all motions raised by 189 that have convened their meetings nationwide. Among the major proposals are:
– Defending relationship with PAS through Muafakat Nasional, taking into account the consensus, sentiment and agreement developed during the 22 months period as the Opposition.
– to severe ties with Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM) in the 15th General Election.
– Urges that the 15th General Election be held before the end of the first quarter of 2021 to enable a new mandate by the people, subject to COVID-19 conditions.
3. Thus, based on the major proposals raised by the Divisions; and for the following factors:
– These proposals question the policies and basic approaches that will have a significant impact on the future of the party and the country;
– UMNO General Assembly will be held on 31 January 2021;
– Provisions of the UMNO Constitution where the proposals of the Division will be raised at the General Assembly.
The meeting agreed to bring these proposals to the UMNO General Assembly and to be discussed and decided at the highest level of the party as by the Constitution.
4. The meeting also decided to increase the strength of the party machinery from the states in an effort to help flood victims, including post-flood. The Women’s Skuad Sayang and the Youth Sabil Squad have also been and will be mobilized even more.
5. For the purpose of coordinating all relief delivery activities to flood victims, an ‘UMNO Special Team for Dealing with Disasters’ was established and will be chaired by YB Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim.
6. The meeting also took note of the change of BN secretary-general position which was traditionally held by the UMNO Secretary General. This matter has received the verbal consent of the components parties and will be ratified in the BN Supreme Council Meeting in the near future.
UMNO INFORMATION CHIEF
6 JANUARY 2021