1. THE UMNO 2020 General Assembly (PAU 2020) will be held on 27 March and 28 March 2021 (Saturday and Sunday).
2. It creates history as it will combine face to face and virtual meets simultaneously, face to face at Dewan Merdeka, PWTC and virtually at 190 divisions.
3. On 27 March 2021, the Women’s, Youth and Puteri will be officiated by Deputy President Dato ‘Seri Utama Haji Mohamad bin Haji Hasan, at Dewan Merdeka, Level 4, PWTC.
4. The flag raising ceremony will be officiated by the President Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi at Plaza Merdeka on 28 March 2021. It will be attended by UMNO Supreme Working Council Members as well as Women Exco, Pemuda and Puteri Exco.
5. The opening ceremony of the General Assembly is on Sunday 28 March at the Dewan Merdeka, of which will highlight the President’s policy speech.
6. Upon completion of the opening of the Wanita, (Pemuda) Youth Movement and Puteri, their respective chiefs will deliver their policy speeches in the designated hall.
7. The President’s speech and the wings’ chief address will be broadcast through social media such as FB Live/FB Watch/UMNO Online. Debate speeches by UMNO representatives will be broadcast internally via the Webex application.
8. The debate is related to the President’s policy speech and addresses by respective heads. Their policy speeches will more or less, touch on political, economic, social, religion and international issues as well as others such as COVID-19 and vaccines.
9. The National Security Council (MKN) has approved PAU 2020 through a letter dated 19 March 2021 after discussions were held between the party’s Secretary General with the Federal Territory MKN Director and Dang Wangi District Police Chief.
10. UMNO will comply with all SOPs set by the MKN such as physical restriction, wearing of face masks, temperature checks, MySejahtera scans and hand sanitation.
11. All SOPs effective on 18 March 2021 for Kuala Lumpur will be complied with.
12. In addition, for the purpose of SOP compliance, UMNO will add security personnel such as RELA and Sabil Squad.
13. Public observers and UMNO members who are not delegates are not allowed to attend the UMNO 2020 General Assembly at PWTC this time.
14. There will be no stalls and food trucks allowed to operate.
15. A total of 42 print and electronic media agencies have applied to cover the assembly as of 23 March 2021.
16. Following the SOP, no media personnel are allowed to be in the conference hall. The media can make coverage via the virtual media sites at the Rose Room, Level 2, PWTC.
17. The media was briefed by headquarter’s media officer today, particularly on the SOP set by the NSC and the Ministry of Health.
18. Further information on PAU 2020 can be obtained in the media kit provided or contact the relevant officials at the UMNO Headquarters.
19. PAU 2020 is an important gathering in conjunction with the Diamond Jubilee Celebration marking the 75-year of UMNO. The party will continue caring and defending the people.
DATUK SERI HAJI AHMAD MASLAN
23 March 2021